Course Instructor: Dr. Rob Sillevis, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT-click for bio
Course Instructor: Dr. Karen Wyss, PT, DPT, CFC-click for bio
Based on the material presented in the course seminar, the on-line material, and independent study; the student will be able to:
• Demonstrate proper clinical decision making skills, including clinical reasoning, clinical judgment, and reflective practice as it relates to the upper extremity and shoulder girdle.
• Participate in scholarly activities to understand or contribute to the body of physical therapy knowledge.
• Perform a complete evaluation of the upper extremity and shoulder girdle. This should be influenced by history, systems reviews, and by utilizing valid and reliable tests and measures (evidence based).
• Identify the PT diagnosis/prognosis/differential diagnosis based on the evaluation/assessment of the clinical presentation.
• Understand the value of pre-test/post-test assessment to determine the success of clinical intervention.
• Successfully apply manipulation techniques to the upper extremity and shoulder girdle.
• Utilize the proper augmented exercise to maximize the outcome following manipulation.
• Determine the proper/best (evidence influenced) treatment approach based on PT diagnosis.