Course Instructor: Dr. Karen Wyss, PT, DPT, CFC - click for bio
Recommended Readings: Click Here
CEU’s: 10 hours
The participant will have an understanding of the following after completing this course:
• Background and history of the Autogenic Training.
• Differences with other relaxation techniques.
• Importance of consistency of practice.
• The "warm up" and "return command" and their role in Autogenic Training
• How to respond to unpleasant experiences during the exercise.
• How to improve on concentration and focus.
• How to observe and calm the heart through exercise.
• The basic functioning of the nervous systems.
• The emotions related to breathing and how to calm and observe it.
• How to acknowledge stress and how to control it better.
• The solar plexus, its location and importance.
• How to connect the body as a whole and allow it to "let go".
• Following a building process there will be knowledge of the complete formula.
• How to share the method learned with patients, and others interested.