Course Instructor: Dr. Rob Sillevis, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT-click for bio
Course Instructor: Dr. Karen Wyss, PT, DPT, CFC-click for bio
Based on the material presented in the course seminar, the on-line material, and independent study; the student will be able to:
• Display understanding of the anatomy and physiology of muscle tissue in relation to exercise
• Demonstrate proper clinical decision making skills, including clinical reasoning, as it relates to the choice of exercise.
• Understand and be able to relate the effects of exercise dosing, and positioning in the exercise protocol.
• Related the effects of exercise on the different anatomical structures, contractile and non-contractile.
• Be able to apply techniques to localize mobilization and stabilization exercises for the spine and extremities.
• Utilize the proper augmented exercise to maximize the outcome following manipulation.
• Determine the proper/best (evidence influenced) treatment approach based on PT diagnosis.